About the job
Who We Are…
Founded in 1988, FAL is one of the longest running tax and accounting firms in Las Vegas and was voted a “Best Place to Work” 8 years in a row by Accounting Today. For perks like our benefits package, unique culture, retirement plan, and bonus structure, FAL’s team members enjoy a corporate culture rooted in autonomy, opportunity, and balance. Our accountants are ambitious, hard-working, creative individuals who look beyond the numbers to the story they tell about a business. They are people who understand the trust our clients place in us and strive to create lasting value beyond the work product.
What We’re Looking For…
We are looking for an individual who is hungry for a challenge and driven for excellence. If this sounds like you, you may be our next Client Service Director (CSD)! Our benefits package includes 5 weeks of PTO, 10 paid holidays, annual tuition allowance, and insurance (medical, dental, vision, LTD & life) fully covered for the employee.
What You’ll Bring to the Table…
- Bachelor's Degree
- Currently licensed CPA
- Minimum of 10 years of public accounting experience
- Timely and current knowledge of tax law and filing requirements
- Experience managing, directing, reviewing, and monitoring multiple engagements
- Experience leading and managing staff
- Technical proficiency in industry software packages
What You’ll Be Doing…
- Break down complicated accounting, auditing & tax return engagements into tasks for staff completion and adherence to firm standards.
- Present financial statements, management letters and tax returns at client meetings.
- Research complex audit, accounting & tax issues using CCH, BNA, Internal Revenue Code, AICPA standards & other relevant authorities and guidance.
- Demonstrate sound business judgment, professional creativity & excellent project management skills.
- Update job knowledge by tracking and analyzing new legislation, participating in education opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks participating in professional organizations.
- Make decisions regarding filing and preparation of financial statements and tax returns and handle questions from federal and state agencies.
- Actively participate in the analysis of client transactions and unusual situations, including performing or reviewing tax projections, developing implementation strategies with the intent of incorporating the tax effect of the transaction to determine impact on the client.
- Recognize and communicate potential risks and/or tax savings in client engagements and tax policy.
- Maintain highest standards or ethics and confidentiality with clients while building a relationship with them as a business resource
- Play a significant role in the professional development of staff members, including coaching and resolving problems
- Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (702) 870-7999. We start with a phone interview, then an onsite interview with some of our staff. That day, you will take an accounting test and complete a handwriting analysis. We will be in touch afterwards with next steps.